Wednesday, October 24, 2007

una semana en Madrid!







I absolutely love Tuesdays! No class, walking around the city, running some errands… and teaching English in an hour – the one thing I’m not excited for!

However – After contemplating on Wednesday, I ended up not going out. I think I fell asleep on my couch, while watching TV – that’s what I normally do. Thursday, I went to my first class, came home for lunch and then went back to school for my second class. Después de mi clase, tuvimos una cita con Pilar y nuestros intercambios, estudiantes españoles que quieren hablar con nosotros. Sin embargo, mi intercambio nunca vino. Después de la cita de intercambios, tuvimos una conferencia sobre las diferencias en la cultura entre España y los Estados Unidos. En la noche, tuvimos un botellón muy grande en la Plaza de España para el cumpleaños de Chris, un chico de BC. Fuimos un bar y miramos el partido de béisbol de los Red Sox y comimos churros (John, su amigo, Dori y yo). Volví a mi casa y hablé con Jess hasta 4:45-5 en la mañana. No fue una cosa muy buena porque me levanté a las 8:30 porque tenía clase a las 10.

After class on Friday, I wrote some e-mails in the office, met my intercambio and then drank a beer with John and Greg in the cafeteria at school – worked wonders for the hangover. Then I went home, dropped of my computer and then met up with DAN for lunch with some of his friends. After lunch, Dan and I went to Plaza de España, which I had actually never seen in the daylight – it was beautiful. Then we met up with Amy, Dori and two others to take a tour of the Palacio Real. After the Palace, Dori, Dan and I went and got a bite to eat near Atocha, and then we went to Reina Sofia, an art museum, with John, his friend Bobby, and Sam. Friday night led us to another botellón en la Plaza de España, followed by a typical good time in Dreams. Somehow I managed to get two free drinks… After that, Hannah and I caught the night bus home!

Saturday morning I was woken up by a phone call from Dan, which was a good thing because I had to prepare myself for big family lunch! I actually enjoyed big family lunch this time – no entendí todo pero no estaba completamente perdida. Después, dormí en el sofá, decidí comer la cena con Mat, John y su amigo. Mat y yo compramos Don Simon para la noche. Sin embargo, John y su amigo no estuvieron listos cuando Mat y yo queríamos comer y por eso, Mat y yo comemos con Michelle, Hannah y Jess en un café que nos encanta. Fuimos a la Plaza Mayor, Mat, Hannah, John, su amigo, Michelle, Jess y yo, bebemos un poco, y después, fuimos a Dubliners porque muchas personas querían mirar el partido de béisbol de los Red Sox. Antes de ir Dubliners, Mat y yo nos reunimos con Dan y él fue con nosotros. Después, dormí.

Sunday morning – once again, woken up by a phone call from Dan. Comí almuerzo con Angelines, y después, caminé en el parque Retiro con Dan y Amy antes del viaje de Dan a Alicante. Caminamos a Atocha y después, Amy y yo nos reunimos con Hannah y Jess y después fui a la residencia de Hannah y Jess. I went home for a little and then I went and ate ice cream with John, his friend, Dori and Victor. Then, I went out for a little with John, his friend and Sam.

Monday was class! Yay! Nothing too exciting happened – I was supposed to meet with my intercambio but he cancelled on me. I came home after my class, which ended at 8, ate some dinner and started watching the old James Bond with my señora. After finishing the movie, I played Sudoku and Solitaire with Jess online! Tuesday, I didn’t have class but I was very productive. I woke up around 11, went to the bank, the post office, took a walk to the Puerta de Alcala, ate some lunch, read for my classes, taught English and then went shopping with Michelle and Katie. Naturally, I was “sucked into” eating ice cream, and then Angelines and I looked at photos together.

Here I am Wednesday morning – First I took the Metro the wrong way, then I practically ran to class to find it cancelled. Awesome! So now I’m just sitting around, catching up on some e-mails until my next class!

1 comment:

Albertinho said...

Hey Mich!!!
Nice to know EVERYTHING you do ;)
I would like u to tell us more of how u feel when u do things or when u go to places and how different u find things if u actually do. Love to keep in touch with you through the Blog.
We demand more picturessss!!
Kisses!!