Friday, September 21, 2007








Monday morning, Alison and I went to Al Campo, un tienda muy cerca de la casa de Jessica! It is pretty much the Spanish equivalent of Wal-Mart or Target. Anything you want, you could buy at Al Campo… including vodka and absinth. Lunch with Angelines y su nietos and language classes. However, 5 friends and I participated in our first botellon. It brought back memories from high school… try to figure it out.

Tuesday was Sam’s 21st birthday so we tried to make her feel as at home as possible. We went to the open bar at Casa de la Cerveza and had the bartenders play “Happy Birthday” at 12am. As always, it was a good time. The people that already started their University classes we there too so it was nice to see everyone.

Waking up Wednesday morning made me remember why I didn’t want to go out at first on Tuesday night. Meeting Mat at the Metro stop, who was probably still drunk, headaches, and everyone just feeling like crap. However, I took the advice of my Señora – take advantage of the fact that you don’t have class yet! 9:30am alarm, hot, crowded Metro ride with Mat, and tour of UCM – University of Complutense, Madrid. The school is huge with about 110,000 students and its beauty is nowhere near even comparable to BC – Ana and Pilar warned us that UCM is a very ugly school. After the tour, a bunch of us went out to lunch and then hung out in the Retiro before language classes. After language classes was the greatest thing ever – every day we pass by this amazing ice cream place but we never go in. Today, we did and the ice cream was absolutely amazing!!!! I kind of want some more now… I wasn’t planning on going out… I was talking to my Señora about school, life, other things but then I was “convinced” to go out to dinner for Sam’s birthday (don’t worry – we’re not going out afterwards.) So I told my Señora I was going out but I’d be home early… let’s just say that she laughed at me and told me that I’d be home late and that as long as I had 8 hours to recuperate, then I’d be fine. Sooo… we went to a cute little Mexican restaurant for dinner… and of course, we went out afterwards to Chesterfields – a club that reminds me of Jess!!!

Thursday morning I woke up at 12, showered and had some lunch. I told my Señora that she was right… I went out early and I came home late. Once again, she laughed and said that as long as I had a good time then there was nothing wrong with it. Then I went to class early to use the internet and catch up on some e-mails. Class was pretty boring, as usual, but it ends tomorrow. Walked home as usual, ate some dinner, and studied for my exam tomorrow! Now, I’m watching a movie with my Señora.

I finally figured out how to post pictures on my blog – some are of Madrid and others are of Salamanca! I miss you all a lot and I wish that I had internet all the time to keep in touch more!

Besos y abrazos!

1 comment:

Albertinho said...

Haces bien en salir de fiesta!! Por lo menos aquí puedes salir hasta las 6 de la mañana y la mayoría de edad es a los 18!! Esto es el paraíso de los americanos!! Disfrutalo como dice tu "señora"!!