Tuesday, September 18, 2007

There’s nothing like having the final category of Final Jeopardy being “sexo” – me encanta Madrid! Hahaha

Thursday night was a lot of fun – partying at an open bar with all the other international students at Sampere and with the teachers. Best part was that we didn’t even have to pay to get in… now we know where all our money is going to pay for these classes! And the weekly Monday night drinks after class. After the open bar, a bunch of us went out in la puerta del Sol.

Friday morning I woke up just in time for lunch with Angelines, Miky and her two kids. I had an amazing lunch – I don’t really know what it was but it was sort of like lasagna, but one had spinach and the other had meat. Nonetheless, it was reallllly good. Then we had cake for Iñaki’s 15th birthday (el nieto de Angelines). Class was boring, as usual, and the hangovers that both the teachers and the students had were not helping. After class, the Moroccan exchange man came and tried to sell us all a trip to Morocco. On the way home, we stopped at a little café, had some tapas and some drinks and then stayed in the rest of the night porque tuve que levantarme a las 7:45 en la manana para el viaje a Salamanca.

Saturday consisted of waking up way too early, sleeping for 2 hours on the bus to Salamanca, and then spending the day in Salamanca, which has the oldest university in Spain. The buildings are gorgeous – we saw the university, ate lunch in la Plaza Mayor, and walked through a market. After lunch, we saw la catedral viejo y la catedral nueva. Both were very impressive. When the outside of the new cathedral was restrored, the workers carved an astronaut, an ice cream cone and a shrimp. I’m trying to figure out how to put pictures up on the blog so that you can see Salamanca. We’ll see. Saturday night, we went out, got a little lost on the way to meeting everyone, but after drinking a little in Chueca, we ended up in Sol. We tried to stay out for churros at 6 in the morning, but we ended up walking home because we couldn’t find a cab. The 24 hour deli-type store we found made up for the lack of churros. Bed at 6:30am…

When I woke up at 1:30pm, I decided that I should probably get up because Miky, the kids, and her husband were coming over for lunch at 2:30pm. When they offered me a beer at lunch, I declined which was received with… “ooooo Resaca!!!! Jajaja” After some lunch, we watched some soft of car race, talked about the Madrid basketball game, and I started watching a movie with Angelines. I didn’t know it was possible, but I think there are more commercials on TV in Madrid than there are in the states. When I lost interest in the movie, I called my friend John and we went to the Retiro and read since it was a nice afternoon. I came home, ate some dinner, and fell asleep on the couch when Angelines was at her daughter’s house watching the basketball game.

My first trip is planned!!!! On September 26, Mat, Alison and I are flying to Rome, staying with some of Mat’s friends, then going to Florence, and ending up in Pisa on the last day for our flight home (October 1) ! I am so excited!! Next week, we pick our classes and then classes start on October 2. I’m excited to get into a schedule but I am still nervous for classes.

And, not having internet todo el tiempo is really, really weird…

1 comment:

Albertinho said...

Already going to Rome??? Well done!! I haven't been there yet!! Hey wait... should I write these comments in spanish?? What do you think!
Tomorrow I'll tell u how to put pictures in the posts. Add me on msn, my e-mail is facky3@hotmail.com!!